The Last Song
Oct. 5th, 2026 11:34 amAll performances were well received. Audience sizes were quite good. The smallest was the matinee, but it was a beautiful fall afternoon in New England. Pauline came to the opening, my parents went to the matinee, and Josie attended both Friday and Saturday nights. Saturday night Ashes and Dan were there, too.
I couldn't resist, when we got to the part in the script about Elton saying he married a woman in the eighties to conform to societal expectations, to look out into the audience in her direction and say, "I can relate." She laughed.
I was a bit overwhelmed by how much love I felt during this show. I don't think I've ever felt this much warmth from the cast before...or maybe I've just forgotten. The last night after the final curtain call I couldn't leave the stage because I was being hugged by so many of my castmates. And throughout each performance, everyone seemed so happy and the singalong at the end was so joyous.
I know we did good because of the return people we received to see the show. Pauline wants to have Mary-Beth see the recording because she knew how bummed she was not to have seen it live.
I got to bed at three in the morning Saturday night, very tired the next day, but also still on cloud nine. We had to wake up slightly early to attend a birthday dinner at 11:45 in Cape Cod for my sister Laurie's sixtieth birthday. That was a subdued affair, but nice, especially because I was able to see Kerrie's new place in the Cape. It's really quiet cute and I especially like it because there are a number of cats who lives next door to her house and seem to have the run of the place. It was a good vibe.
Laurie had Jen with her, and when she is with Jen she becomes a different, snobbier person. And Jen is quite loud. Tommy's Lisa, of all people, had to ask her to not be so loud. For Lisa, who is the queen of loud, that's saying something.
And now, it is Monday and we are at Corb's shop putting down a new floor! A very busy day.
Anyway, a quite fulfilling weekend, all around. I am really happy about life right now.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-17 02:20 pm (UTC)I love Cape Cod 🌊🐳
no subject
Date: 2026-10-17 10:36 pm (UTC)